Home The blog Spinning Wheels About Health Stuff to buy The Great Forum

GF bike build part II

Wheels are done! (already? I'll be damned! )

The wheels are done. Mavic CXP33 rims laced to Ultegra hubs with DT Revolution spokes (Comp drive side) and alloy nipples. 32-2X front and 36-3X rear. Everything locked tight with DT spoke freeze after a real good wheel massage. One of my favourite all round wheels! Not too heavy either.

Tires of choice are Nokian Ravagozzi Cross.

I can't remember having that kind of wheel quality on my first bike, but I know she's gonna appreciate it and that makes it worth it. They will stay true and can take all kind of beating. Also the ball/cup/cone bearings makes them very service friendly. It rains A LOT around here so that's really a good thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imponerende kvalitet på hjulene hun får, jeg håper hun verdsetter det.

Regular Guest said...

Ja det må vel bli i form av manglende irretasjon på skjeive hjul. :)

Hun har blitt fortalt at kvaliteten er over gjennomsnitt av hva jenter bruker til jobben.

filtersweep said...

If you build them like I do, you might want to somehow follow her around with a spoke wrench for a few weeks.

Regular Guest said...

Hehe.

I hope I'm a better wheel builder than you then :)

You've had the first ride on one of my builds, and they seemed to do just fine.