Home The blog Spinning Wheels About Health Stuff to buy The Great Forum

My Bike Builds


Raleigh Team TI Fixed


The frame is an old Raleigh I found in England. Used to be white with some rust shining through.

It was delivered with the original track fork (painted that one too), but I kind of chickened out with a fork drilled for brakes.

This modification gives a longer wheelbase, slacker HTA and STA but keeps about the same trail as the original setup despite the road-forks longer rake. The geometry is therefore pretty much the same as my road-bike, except for the bigger stand-over height.

It's build up with a various selection of components. Some would say it's blasphemy not going full campa, but truth is. This started out as a budget project and it's gone way too far already

I reckon most of you can tell the components from the pics except for the rims. They're NISI sprint. The tire bedding is actually drilled to shave off some weight.

The rear spacing was measured with my Mitutoyo digital caliper to be 112.3mm. Not many 110mm hubs available so I re-spaced the original 120mm hub down to 111.8mm. Gave it 0.5mm slack just to make it slide in a little easier ;-)



Airborne Manhattan Project Roadbike

This is my only road racing bike at the time. The frame is a 3/2.5 Ti frame with a carbon wishbone seat stay. Heavy as a boat anchor, but there again stiff enough to do some serious sprinting. It's lightened up a bit by the other components, so I think it's safe to say it goes under the category as a light weighted bike.

Airborne Carpe Diem Cyclocross/Commuter

This is my latest build. Also a 3/2.5 Ti. Equipped with a 295 gram Tubus Fly rear rack it's the perfect bike for commuting and touring. Not to heavy either with it's full carbon fork and DuraAce equipment
With two sets of waterproof Ortlieb panniers in different sizes this one also covers 90% of my transportation needs.

Colnago DECOR - "The Classic"

Just had to have one.
They look soooo nice!!

Not a racing machine, but defiantly a true road bike.


Fondriest - Colubus steel

Nice frame? Mint condition never mounted. Well until now that is.
It's a mix of components, all good quality and all very classic.

I'm not keeping this one. This one's for my cousin.

Specialized S-Works Cyclocross
Sold to Helge B. Aam summer -06

Maybe my favourite bike of all time.

Had to let it go though. Could not defend having two CX bikes and I was in need of the opportunity of a rear rack mount.

My girlfriends bike

A small trekking bike with fenders and rear rack. It has a 33 single front and a 11-34 cass. That gives her a speed interval of 5.9 mph - 18.2mph @ 75 rpm. H.Q. components only. A very nice bike indeed. 11kg (24.2lbs) fully equipped (lights, fenders, computer, rack, saddle bag......)

Daccordi La Migliore
My latest build. This one's a really nice ride. Made by Daccordi for a Norwegian brand (DBS) to be used by the national team. Choosed to go for DT shifters and non aero brake levers to shave of some weight. The weight is in fact down just below 19lbs (8,5kg). Not bad for an all steel frame/fork. I could of course have made it lighter by adding some CF components and ruin the aestetics, but that's not what this bike's all about. This is not just an other WW project.

No comments: