Home The blog Spinning Wheels About Health Stuff to buy The Great Forum

Project Lugged Steel

My first real road bike was a lugged steel frame with Shimano 600 group. Now I'm back where I started. Building up a lugged steel with equipment from more and less that same time era. Some newer parts though. I'll rebuild the rear wheel to accept 8-9-10 speed and I'm going for Suntour friction shifters. I could of course make this a Vintage-All-Original-Parts-Build, but that would cost a lot of money and take a lot of time. Now I'm mostly making use of spare parts found in my basement. I even found a Tiso Altore rear derailleur. That's not bad for a spare part. The only cost attached to this project is the paint and decals. Yes GF, that's right. I know you read this.

The frame was original yellow, painted blue, but will end up red with white decals. It'll have a very special crank and some deep section alu rims. I already love this bike, and the build hasn't even started yet. I know GF's gonna be thrilled over having another bike in the house.




Yes of course I'll post some pictures, but at this time I don't have the frame.

No comments: