Home The blog Spinning Wheels About Health Stuff to buy The Great Forum

'Jogging' with crutches

I figured it's about time to do some cardio work, but there's really not much I can do now that I have three legs. Cycling won't work. Yet. And of course running's out of the question. The plastered leg won't fit in a rowing machine. So I decided to do an one hour limp with crutches in rugged terrain.

Man that was tough! My arms and shoulders weren't set up for that kind of activity. Cycling and running is not among those activities that gives you a great upper body. That's for sure.

It was OK though. I broke some sweat and got some pulse. These first walks will be more muscular kind work than cardio, but when the muscles there and I can give a little more speed I'd guess it'll be as good as anything.

Maybe some Nordic Walking would have me more prepared for this.

No comments: